Proctoring at GPL is a free service, and we are happy to serve as proctors for exams taken by distance learners within the following guidelines:
- A minimum of 10 days advance notice is required. We proctor many exams that require unique services and time. In addition, all test taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- All service are by appointment only-no walkins
Appointments are not firm until contacted and finalized by GPL reference staff. Please do not contact your school to send material before checking with us to see if we have an opening.
Exams will be scheduled during normal library hours.
- Proctoring consists of:
- Checking identification of student taking the exam
- Noting the time that the exam and started and completed
- Signing the required school supplied documentation
- Direct supervision during the exam is NOT provided
- Examinations will be taken in a quiet area of the library
- The exam proctor will be the librarian in charge at the time the exam is taken
- GPL cannot proctor online exams that require public access computer settings to be modified.
- Staff will seal the envelopes of the completed exam and place in the library's outgoing mail.
- GPL does not keep copies of completed exams.
- The student must confirm that this proctoring policy meets the requirements of the institution giving the exam.
- Students are responsible for providing postage or any other required expenses.
- Students much ensure that GPL's computer resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. GPL accepts no responsibility for internet connections.
To request a proctor, please fill out the form below. A librarian will be in contact with you within 3 business days (Monday-Friday are business days) to finalize any arrangements for proctoring. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org