Why should I volunteer in TeenHQ?
There are SO many reasons that volunteering in TeenHQ is a good idea. Here are just a few...
- Earn service hours for school
- Make a difference in your community
- Meeting other AWESOME teens
- Help with activities and services that make an impact in the lives of Greenwood teens
- Librarians write AWESOME scholarship letters and make AWESOME job references
How do I become a Teen Volunteer?
Teen volunteers must be 12-18 years of age, have a strong interest in the library, enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures, and be willing to learn new skills. Membership requires regular attendance at meetings, participation in and support of library activities and events, and a sense of fun and adventure.
Teens are invited to submit an application online. Applications will be reviewed and the Teen Librarian will contact enthusiastic and eligible candidates to schedule an in-person interview. The interview is an opportunity to practice important professional life skills, start training, and coordinate schedules.