Click here for "TeenHQ", a printable list of ALL teen programs for this session.
Click here for GPL's Events Calendar to register for an upcoming event.
The Midnight Society
fri | Oct 19 | 5-8 pm
"Submitted for the approval of The Midnight Society, we present..." a spooky fun evening at the library with ghost stories, games, and more!
If you have any questions, please contact Miss Jessica: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the permission slip HERE or pick one up in TeenHQ.
What is Teen Volunteer Corps?
The Teen Volunteer Corp was created by the Teen Services Department as a program designed to offer leadership opportunities for teens in Greenwood. Corp members assist and support the Teen Services Department by brainstorming, promoting, and volunteering at programs, submitting reviews for the library’s social media, and helping make TeenHQ a welcoming space. The service-based group is also a stepping stone for teens interested in joining the HP (Harry Potter) Alliance, a multi-generational volunteer organization comprised of a select group of teens and adults.
Why should I join the Teen volunteer corp?
There are SO many reasons joining the Teen Volunteer Corp is a good idea. Here are just a few...
- Earn service hours for school
- Make a difference in your community
- Meet other AWESOME teens
- Plan programs and services that make an impact in the lives of Greenwood teens
- Librarians write AWESOME scholarship letters and make AWESOME job references
How do I join the Teen Volunteer Corp?
To join the Teen Volunteer Corp you must be 12-18 years of age, have a strong interest in the library, enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures, and be willing to learn new skills. Membership requires regular attendance at meetings, participation in and support of library activities and events, and a sense of fun and adventure.
Teens are invited to submit an application online. Applications will be reviewed and the Teen Librarian will contact enthusiastic and eligible candidates to schedule an in-person interview. The interview is an opportunity to practice important professional life skills.
When are Teen Volunteer Corp meetings?
Teen Volunteer Corp meetings are held on the 1st Monday of the month from 6-7pm in TeenHQ unless otherwise specified.
What are the Expectations of a Teen Volunteer Corp member?
- Attend our monthly meetings
- Turn in a minimum of one review monthly
- Volunteer one hour per month. Assignments may be comprised of activities such as:
- Cleaning or straightening books
- Dusting shelves
- Organizing the Boredom Cart
- Sorting Legos and golf tees
- Setting up before & cleaning up after programs
- Creating weekly activities
- Creating books displays
- Brainstorming programming ideas
- Attend teen programs
- Promote and represent TeenHQ in the community