Click here for "TeenHQ", a printable list of ALL teen programs for this session.
Click here for GPL's Events Calendar to register for an upcoming event.
The Hangout After-hours event
fri | nov 9 | 5-8 pm
Come hang out at the library for a relaxed after-hours event - no agenda, just fun! What can you do?
- Design on our interactive boards
- Browse the library and cozy up with a book
- Select a crafty activity from our Boredom Cart
- Explore our maker kits
- Challenge a friend to a tabletop game
- Test your video game skills
- Watch a movie
There will likely be a game or two of Capture the Flag and Sardines, and of course, FREE pizza!
If you have any questions, please contact Miss Jessica: email@example.com
Download the permission slip HERE or pick one up in TeenHQ.
Location Hours contact
Greenwood Public Library Monday - Friday Teen Librarian, Jessica Smith
Teen HQ 1-5pm firstname.lastname@example.org
310 S. Meridian St. (317) 883-4245
Greenwood, IN 46143
What is The Hangout?
The Hangout @ TeenHQ is a time for teens in the community to feel safe and comfortable just hanging out, listening to music, studying, reading, playing a game, watching a movie, or learning something new! No agenda, just fun! And, oh, yeah, there's FREE snacks everyday!
Who can come to The Hangout?
The Hangout and available activities are designed exclusively by and for teens, 11-18 years-old in grades 6-12. Our hours are designed to welcome both homeschool and public school students into the space.
Patrons of all ages may enter TeenHQ to retrieve materials for checkout, but the computers, televisions, gaming equipment, and study spaces are reserved for teens in grades 6-12 only. We encourage you to visit another department for your computer and study space needs if you do not fall within this age group.
What can you do at The Hangout?
- Design and create on our Lego, Lightbrite, or magnetic interactive boards
- Select an activity from our Boredom Cart
- Study or play games on a teen computer
- Complete the weekly activity for a snack
- Explore STEM concepts with one of our maker kits
- Challenge a friend (or make a new one) to a tabletop game
- Test your skills in a video game tournament
- Sit back, relax, and watch a movie
Is The Hangout supervised?
You bet it is :) Teen Services staff will be available for supervision, book recommendations, homework help, game playing, and general helpfulness during The Hangout hours. While in TeenHQ, teens are expected to follow library and room guidelines.
Supervision at Old City Park across the parking lot from the library is not included. As long as you are in the library, we will do our very best to help you feel welcome and safe.