Children's Services Librarian, Full-time
Are you a champion for reading and literacy? Could your ‘to be read’ pile be mistaken for that of a 4th grader’s? Do you believe you are never too old for a picture book? You might be the next Greenwood Public Library Children’s Librarian!
Greenwood Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and creative individual to join our dynamic, customer-focused team. In addition to having a passion for serving children and families, the successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication, and computer skills. Being detail-oriented and a self-starter will help you fit right in to this fast-paced and lively department. Previous experience with collection development is highly desirable.
- Manages the Children’s print and non-print collections
- Contributes to programming for birth-5th grades with emphasis on K-5
- Maintains website content
- Assists patrons with reference and readers advisory
- Contributes to library promotions and social media efforts
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited graduate school of library/information science
- Minimum one (1) year of professional library experience is preferred
- Knowledge of materials and trends in Children’s literature
- Committed to excellent customer service
Start date: January 2020
Hours: 40 hours per week including an evening and some Saturdays.
Salary: Starting $16.00/hour (commensurate with experience) + benefits
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to:
Linda Messick, Head of Children's Services
Position open until filled.